Pentagon Barred From Funding Boy Scouts

This past week a US district court judge heard complaints from various organizations that were against the pentagon contributing to the costs of the National Boy Scout Jamboree. They claimed that the Boy Scouts shouldn't receive money since they exclude people who don't swear an oath to God. Call me naive but I do believe there are many Boy Scouts that are Non-Christian and don't pray to God. As you can see at this web site the Boy Scouts have various different religious organizations represented.
The Boy Scouts are not perfect in any way but I do believe the National Boy Scout Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for young scouts to meet other young people from around the country and world. The government is constantly funding programs that are not universally accepting of all people. Why is the Jamboree all the sudden so high on the radar screen. Maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about but this was an amazing experience for me when I was 13 years old. Why would our government not want to support this and other events that bring people together for positive reasons.