Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid has died at 73 years old...

I still can't believe it. I always thought Mr. Miyagi would live forever. He always will in my mind. This article about the Actor Pat Morita taught me a new fact. Mr. Miyagis first name was Kesuke. I had never known that before. I don't recall that ever being mentioned in any of the movies. Maybe thats one of those facts that I've just missed over the years. I now have a new fact to add to my Karate Kid trivia. This article also gives some more insight into Pats life. He was Born in northern California on June 28, 1932, the son of migrant fruit pickers, Morita spent most of his early years in the hospital with spinal tuberculosis. He later recovered only to be sent to a Japanese-American internment camp in Arizona during World War II. After the war, Morita's family tried to repair their finances by operating a Sacramento restaurant. It was there that Morita first tried his comedy on patrons. What a wild life he lived. Its sad that he didn't live longer. Here is a link to a video interview he had with the AP.