The Louisville Area Chapter of Red Cross Katrina Response DVD

Last night we had our monthly meeting of the Disaster Assistance Team at The Red Cross. They shared with us a DVD that a member had put together. It had video footage from down in Louisiana and Mississippi as well as the relief efforts that I took part in here in Louisville. Intermixed with the video were statistics based upon the Red Crosses response. I was amazed by the amount of phone calls our local chapter fielded through the 1-800-help-us number. Last night they said our local call center received a little over 50,000 phone calls. I know that we assisted a little over 2,000 individuals who had fled here. I volunteered in the call center and probably spoke to around 200 people over a few days. I hope this DVD is made available to the public. It would be a great educational and recruiting tool.